National Association for Reproductive and Child Health of India
- NARCHI is a professional people's voluntary organization of professional.
- It was founded in 1975 with 30 branches all over India by Dr. C. S Dawn.
- It is a registered voluntary society and is an association of experts.
- Leadership of this organization is provided by Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery and other specialties.
- There are currently over 4000 life members and 900 fellows of Indian College of Maternal and Child Health (ICMCH). Which is the academic wing of NARCHI and was founded in Cuttack in 1990.
- The goal of NARCHI-ICMCH ( Indian College of Maternal and Child Health)is to stabilise the Indian population within the next two decades through one-two child family norm by RCH care.
The components of this are:
People's Educational and Service Programme :
- Promotion of CME
- Promotion of Family Planning and Sterilization Programmes
- Promotion of Breast feeding by WHO norms and Infant Immunization
- Promotion of Zero Maternal Death practices
NARCHI-ICMCH runs three-Dawn Rule of Ten Calendar Education Programme in Indian Languages. They are -
- Healthy Life Style
- Adolescent Health Care
- Mass RCH for Mother and Baby Care
NARCHI-ICMCH standardizes practice on RCH by the following -
- Infant immunization
- Contraceptive Care
- Regular Rule Of Ten Calendar Education Programme
- Rural Camp Programme is provided by urban ICMCH training center.
- NARCHI organizes research workshops in Human Reproduction particularly in Rural India.
- NARCHI promotes spacing contraceptive development and its acceptance by people.
- NARCHI works with Government to improve implementation of National Family Welfare Programme.
- Obstetrics and Gynae and child health residency training programme.
- ICMCH has started residence training since 1991 is 100 Obstetrics and Gynae and 28 Child Health centers in India.
RULE OF TEN CALENDAR FOR ALL
I speak soft only one at a time amongst many when necessary
- I study minimum 10th standard with English and train myself in some work to earn my livelihood.
- I keep clean Sanitation & Environment for my living house and use mosquito curtain to save me from malaria death all the time.
- I take my home resource adequate balanced food at Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Fruits, Dinner in time and walk a mile everyday. I learn cooking.
- I drink cold boiled water on boiling for 10 minutes all the time to prevent Jaundice, Worms & Dysentery.
- I regularly take Vaccines (Injections, Tablets & Vaccines) for my Health to be disease free all the time & have good sleep at night.
- I disipline myself to attend my work and meeting in time and not to go for illegal sex to save me from AIDS and sex transmitted disease (STD)
- I read only for one hour and keep peace in mind by meditation in my lifetime.
- I never smoke or take tobacco and alcohol in my lifetime to save me from heart attack and cancer.
- I server my country by distributing Dr. C.S. DAWN Rule of ten Adolescent & Mother Child Health Care Calendar to all adolescents and couple for accepting 1-2 child family.
To apply for Membership; Download Narchi Membership Application Form (pdf format)
To download the form, kindly right click on the image above and click on "Save Target As" an you can save the form. Print it, fill it and send us at;
Chawla Nursing Home & Maternity Hospital
9, Lajpat Nagar, Link Road, Jalandhar - 144 001. (Pb) INDIA.
Tel: 0091-181-5072323, 224374